Tuesday, March 27, 2012

balancing technology with life


Oh so very many posts on the internet have been dedicated to this topic, I'm not about to rewrite any of them.   It's been an interesting twist of fate.  My laptop has been slowly dying.  It has gotten to the point where it's just not worth my time to upload pictures, try to go on the internet, pretty much do anything because if I spend more than 15 minutes on the laptop it will eventually do the whirligig dance of death, spinning the colorful pinwheel for hours until I finally close the screen in frustration.  At the same time, I got Jed's fancy smart phone and, though I'm not paying for service other than phone/texting, the wifi at our house works just fine so I'm spending WAY too much time checking email, texting, etc on my phone while we're home.  It totally snuck up on me, too.  It wasn't until Nate pointed out to me about a week ago- "Mommy, you're always looking at your phone," that I realized I have a serious problem.  So I'm working to scale back.  And not being too successful at it.


But, luckily, like I said, spring is here and there is SO much going on in our garden and in the world in general that I'm finding ample distractions from the lure of the screen.

I do still want to consistently post here as it's a good place for me to chronicle my thoughts and have some form of 'memory' as my own functions much like a sieve.  We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...