Thursday, March 8, 2012

beginnings


We have the beginnings of a garden growing in our house.  I have begun about 100 seedlings and most are growing at a terrific rate.  They have actually exceeded my expectations for how fast they grow and I'm left wondering if I will be able to get them in the ground in time. 

I have yet to put in the irrigation, figure out exactly how many seedlings I need and where they will go and all that deliciousness.  Currently, I'm fretting over the fact that they seem really spindly and leggy and I can't figure out if that's because I used the coconut coir plugs and they need fertilizer, or maybe they need more light? 

Seedling truly are a mystery to me.  A wonderful, amazing, and slightly bewildering mystery.  But we should have lots of food in a few months all this fretting will be forgotten. 



2 comments:

bonbon said...

cant wait to see them all in the garden and later in/on your food...

jessica hunter said...

looks yummy already:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...